Donetsk National Medical University
The best medical university in Ukraine
It’s my pleasure to welcome you to the best medical school of Ukraine and in Eastern Europe and one of the biggest and oldest European Medical University “Donetsk National Medical University (Kirovohrad Medical Institute). DNMU has everything required for study to become highly qualified physicians and pharmacists:
- Highly professional instructors
- Well equipped educational cases and clinical bases
- Unique funds of scientific library, the Internet
- The developed infrastructure of campus
If you have decided to devote your life to public health service then Donetsk National Medical University (Kirovohrad Medical Institute) is the best place for you and DNMU is ready to train you up to the world standards which will create conditions for successful realization of your further career. Social reforms in our nation have touched not only the practice of medicine but also medical education.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is the best and the largest medical university of Eastren Europe. M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University“DNMU” was established in 1930 as M. Gorky Donetsk Medical Institute. In 1994 DNMU was given the status of University and in 2008 DNMU has got the status of National Medical University and it was renamed to M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University. DNMUis counted as one of the best medical school in Ukraine and in allover Europe.
The University is known as DNMU and it’s the abbreviated name of M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” was the first medical university of Ukraine which was recognized by World Health Organization (WHO) and from Directory of I-Med Schools. M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (Kirovohrad Medical Institute) is registered with the world Medical Universities list.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” was the first medical university in Ukraine and in eastern Europe who started the faculties of Medicine and Dentistry in English language for foreign students in 1991 after independence of Ukraine.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is attested according to the highest (the fourth) Level of accreditation. The M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” activities confirm with The Constitution of Ukraine, Ukrainian legislation, acts issued by the President and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Decrees of the Health Department and Education Department of Ukraine, the University Rules.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is the most attractive to foreign students among other Ukrainian medical universities due to it’s highest ranking, high level of specialist training, high tech laboratories, good knowledge of English language of the staff, campus system of the DNMU.
Today more than 15000 students are studying at eight faculties of M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University“DNMU”. Among them there are about 4200 foreign students from Russia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, USA, UK, Germany, Poland, Greece, Israel, Turkey, India, Nepal, Srilanka, China, Malaysia, Mauritius, Pakistan, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Peru, Palestine, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, Tunisia, Kenya, Namibia, Zambia, Lebanon and from other countries studying at the DNMU at the moment. Due to the high level of specialists training and considerably low tuition fees, DNMU is one of the most attractive Ukrainian Medical Universities for the foreigners.
In total more than 52,000 highly qualified doctors, well-known scientists, researchers, health service organizers from Ukraine, Russia, other CIS countries and as well as from 96 countries of the world from Africa, Asia, Europe and Americas have graduated from the M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (Kirovohrad Medical Institute). Among them were more than 8000 foreign students from all over the world including 3 Doctors and 70 Candidates of Medical Science, about 200 clinical post-graduates (residents).
At present the total teaching staff at M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University“DNMU” is 1147. Among them are 150 professors and 243 Associate Professors, academic title of doctors and candidate of medical sciences are respectively 117 and 449 people. In the M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) is a member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and two corresponding members of AMS of Ukraine,4 laureates of State Prize of Ukraine,18 distinguished scientists and engineers,8 distinguished doctors,2 Honoured worker of Education of Ukraine,37 full members of international and departmental academies science, 1 Hero of Ukraine.
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” (Kirovohrad Medical Institute) has been recognized the best training-methodical centre among Ukrainian medical universities in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 and was awarded with certificates from Ukrainian Health Ministry and Ministry of Education.
Students of M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (Kirovohrad Medical Institute) can make transfers of their credits to any other European medical university anytime after completing their first year of education atDNMU. M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (Kirovohrad Medical Institute) is the regional centre for Bologna process managing in Ukraine. M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University“DNMU” works actively for transfer of students from other European universities to DNMU and from DNMU to other universities of Europe and Americas. Transfer to other European universities are made under bologna process and to the universities of Canada and USA on the basis of the agreements of DNMU with this Universities. M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (Kirovohrad Medical Institute) has signed for cooperation and for students transfer with almost 160 different Universities of the different countries among them are the universities of CIS, Europe, Canada, USA and with some Arabic countries.
At the M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” (Kirovohrad Medical Institute) there are eight faculties including preparatory faculty for foreign students. The M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (Kirovohrad Medical Institute) trains specialists along the following education / qualification levels: Junior specialists, specialists, Masters for the following specialties:
- Public Health
- Post-Graduate Education
- Preparatory Department
M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” provide training in English, Russian and in Ukrainian language in all faculties.
According to the Ukrainian Health Ministry Order N°148 of March 22, 2004 DNMU has been appointed as Regional Centre of Bologna Process managing in Ukraine. In 2005/06 academic year, DNMU has started teaching its students in accordance with the Bologna Agreement on specialists training using the credit-modular system, and upon completion of their education the students will obtain the Specialist Degree of European standard. DNMU students will be able to study various academic modules at practically any European medical University and after getting the Specialist Degree they will have very attractive employment prospective
The DNMU also got an array of libraries that not only provides books for the courses, but also for the general knowledge as the student’s desires. Most of them works till late night, that the student can work flexibly not looking at the time.
The students of DNMU get their professional training at 26 specialized bases (including Donetsk multifield medical and preventive organizations and research institutes) and 28 highly equipped clinical bases (including main hospitals of Donetsk) underf the supervision of highly qualified specialists.
The M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (Kirovohrad Medical Institute) provides its students with accommodation and study facilities. The students’ campus has 13 study buildings equipped with 37 computer classes and libraries, 9 hostels with reading halls and sports rooms, health center for preventive care, stadium, sports and health service complexes, summer camping at the Severskiy Donets river.
Our University has everything required for study to become highly qualified physicians and pharmacists.
The Degree of the M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (Kirovohrad Medical Institute) is prestigious and recognized in many countries of the world. Among former graduates of the University there are ministers and members of parliaments in various countries, outstanding scientists and famous specialists who founded their own clinics abroad.
The M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University’s (Kirovohrad Medical Institute)long experience in training of foreign specialists, highly qualified teaching staff and modern facilities – all guarantee high level of theoretical and practical training to the students of the University.
GENERAL MEDICINE (MD / MBBS): The M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU)offers medical course in English and Russian language.
Duration of Course: 6 years
Degree Awarded: Doctor of Medicine (MD or MBBS).
PEDIATRICS: The M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) offers pediatrics course in English and Russian languages.
Duration of Course: 6 years
Degree Awarded: Doctor of Medicine (MD or MBBS).
DENTISTRY / STOMATOLOGY: The M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) offers dental course in English and Russian language.
Duration of Course: 5 years.
Degree awarded: Bachelor of dentistry (BDS).
PHARMACY: The M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) offers pharmacy course in English and Russian language. The duration of the dental course is 5 years.
NURSING: The M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) offers nursing course in English and Russian language. The duration of the course is 2 yearsfor diploma and 4 years for bachelors degree. The degree awarded is bachelor of nursing.
POST GRADUATE EDUCATION: The M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) offers post graduate studies in all medical fields. The duration of the study is 2-3 years.
PRE-MEDICAL COURSE: This is a Russian intensive program for students wishing to continue their studies at the M.Gorky Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) or any other University in Ukraine. The duration of the preparatory course is one year. Upon successful completion a diploma is awarded.
FOUNDATION COURSE: This course is specially designed for the foreign students who do not have the necessary requirements for the undergraduate programs and also it helps to enable students to bridge the gap between school and University. The duration of the foundation course is one year.
MBBS in Ukraine
Ukraine lies in the south-east Europe and is mainly composed of fertile black soil steppes. The country shares its borders with Belarus, Russia, Moldova, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia and Poland. The country has particularly a Constitutional Republic system of Government. Kiev is the capital of Ukraine and Hryvna is the currency of the country.
Benefits of studying in Ukraine
- Focus on imparting practical skills to the students.
- Excellent weather conducive for studying.
- Renowned teaching faculty with years of teaching experience.
- Excellent quality education.
- Courses recognized by major medical councils of the world.
- Easily affordable fee.
- Standard of Living as per European lifestyle.
- Worldwide recognition of Ukrainian Medical Education.
- English as the medium of instruction.
- Ukraine has the best of the European transportation system.
- Special traveling discounts ranging from 30% – 50% for students coming from across the world.
- Lessons taught by highly renowned and visiting lecturers from USA, UK and Canada.
- Students get to participate in regular seminars and symposia held in other European nations.
- Bilateral Student Exchange programs on various subjects held in collaboration with universities of
- Germany, Sweden, Czech Republic and Finland.
- International students are permitted to take up 3 months summer job during vacations in countries like UK, Sweden and other EU nations.
- After completing studies, a student gets the chance of applying for permanent settlement in Ukraine or in other countries of Europe.
- Guaranteed Visa Assurance to deserving candidates.
- Receiving Official Admission Letter from the concerned university.
- Receiving Visa Support Letter issued by Department of Higher Education in Ukraine.
- Student Pick-up facility from the airport in Ukraine.
- Ample support service to the student regarding immigration clearance in Ukraine.
- Making arrangements for student ID card, hostel card and international student card.
- Assistance in Visa renewal during the entire period of study.
- Individual room assistance for student
- Special orientation programs held for international students so that they can intermingle with local environment.
- We act as student guardian throughout the period of the course.
Step by Step Admission Process
- Filling the University application form and submitting requisite documents and admission fee.
- Receiving admission letter and invitation letter describing the academic year details and fee structure.
- This process will take a maximum of 10 days.
- Upon receipt of Admission and Invitation Letter, we shall work upon Visa documentation process.
- which will take maximum of 2-3 weeks.
- Board the flight to Ukraine.
Medical Universities in Ukraine
1) KHARKIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
2) DNIPROPETROVSK STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY
3) UKRAINIAN MEDICAL STOMATOLOGICAL ACADEMY
4) CRIMEA STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
5) ODESSA STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
6) KYIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
7) VINNITSYA NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
8) ZAPOROZHYE STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
9) LUGANSK STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
10) DONETSK STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
11) LVIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
12) IVANO FRANKIVSK NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
13) TERNOPIL STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
14) BUKOVINIAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
15) SUMY STATE UNIVERSITY
16) NATIONAL PHARMACEUTICAL UNIVERSITY OF UKRAINE
17) KHARKIV MEDICAL ACADEMY FOR POST GRADUATION
18) KYIV MEDICAL INSTITUTE OF UKRAINIAN ASSOCIATION OF FOLK MEDICINE
19) KYIV MUNICIPAL MEDICAL INSTITUTE
20) KRASNOGRAD MEDICAL INSTITUTE
21) KHARKIV STATE ZOOVETERINARY ACADEMY
22) LVIV INSTITUTE OF VETERINARY MEDICAL INSTITUTE
All of the colleges are Members of the following International organizations
- World Health organization (WHO)
- Medical council of India(MCI)
- United Nations organization(UNO)
- International Association of Universities(IAU)
- European universities Association (EUA)
- European Association of International education(EAIE)
- World federation of medical education(WFME)
- Association of medical education of Europe(AMEE)
- International Education society (IES, London)
- International education Society(IES)
- European Credit Transfer System (ECTS),etc.